We provide primary care for adults, including:
- Health maintenance, disease prevention, and education
- Any acute and chronic medical conditions in adults including but not limited to hypertension, high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, lung disease, liver disease, gastrointestinal issues, anemia, osteoporosis, skin conditions, and thyroid disorders
- Pain and general discomfort
- Preoperative assessment and care
- Annual physical exam and screenings
- Women’s health
- Referrals to other specialists, as needed
Use our practice for primary care needs, including medical services like sick visits, and annual wellness exams. Your membership status does not impact the quality of your care. Our staff provides exceptional care for every patient; however, it does impact the length of office visits with Dr. Ojha and the level of direct access. We provide upfront pricing so patients understand their health care costs and can see the benefits of membership.
Our practice also provides personalized, membership care as an option. Establish an old-fashioned, personal relationship with your doctor and enjoy same-day and next-day appointments, minimal wait time in the office, longer appointments, and direct access care. Membership care is ideal for those who need immediate attention when they have a health concern, including those whose schedule does not allow for long waits, delays in getting appointments, and multiple returns or follow-up visits, and those with chronic health conditions that require focused care.
Preventive Health Care/Annual Physical
An annual physical is an essential part of quality preventive care, ensuring your long-term health and wellness.
Dr. Ojha offers comprehensive annual physicals for adults of all ages to:
- Discuss long-term health goals
- Assess health risk factors
- Look for signs of disease
- Build doctor-patient trust
- Update your health and medication record
- Screen for common illnesses
- Make specialist referrals if necessary
An annual physical is also a vital part of your ongoing maintenance plan for any chronic conditions. Dr. Ojha collects essential information that may indicate progression or improvement of your chronic disease so she can make any necessary changes to your plan of care.
Medicare Wellness Visits
A Medicare wellness visit is an annual health assessment covered by Medicare Part B. Dr. Ojha completes a health risk analysis and creates a preventive care plan that supports your long-term health and wellness.
An annual physical is not part of your wellness visit, but our team collects information to:
- Update your medical and family history
- Develop an updated list of your medications and providers
- Assess your height, weight, and vital signs
- Evaluate your cognitive health
- Detect early signs of chronic illness, including Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Offer personalized health advice
- Determine your health risks
After your Medicare wellness visit, your customized preventive care plan and health screening schedule are put into action. You schedule your annual physical, diagnostic testing, or recommended referrals later.
Chronic Disease Management
Chronic illnesses, those lasting longer than three months, require long-term treatment, management of symptoms and ongoing support for your overall health. According to the CDC, as many as four in ten Americans suffer from multiple chronic conditions. Proper management and care for your condition can help you maintain optimum health and wellness and prevent fatal complications.
Common chronic conditions
- High cholesterol
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Strokes or TIAs
- Headache/ migraine
- Peptic ulcer disease
- GERD and other gastrointestinal diseases
- Chronic kidney diseases
- Congestive heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation
- Anxiety and depression
Dr. Ojha specializes in internal medicine and the management of chronic conditions and co-conditions. She provides focused care to fully understand your symptoms, diagnose your condition, and manage your health issues with personalized treatment and care.
Chronic disease can affect your overall well-being. Patients suffering with lingering or troublesome symptoms should schedule a diagnostic exam.
Management of Acute Illness
An acute illness develops quickly and can progress rapidly. Often, these conditions can be treated effectively and rather quickly when diagnosed and treated at onset.
Dr. Ojha treats a wide range of acute illnesses, including:
- Common cold
- Ear infections
- Eye infection
- Acute exacerbation of COPD or Asthma
- Strep throat
- Upper respiratory infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Acute gastroenteritis
Many surgeries require a preoperative evaluation to ensure you are healthy enough for the procedure and your recovery. Preoperative evaluations should be scheduled at least one week before surgery and may include additional tests. Your appointment may include a discussion of pre- and post-operative management, and the risks and complications of surgery.